Next Jackson PTA Meeting:
March 21, 2024
Follow Us on Instagram!
Jackson PTA Clubs/Events
- Need a directory? You can become a member here. A $20 per child activity fee needs to be added to the membership. This fee covers one-third of the PTA budget and prevents us from asking you for help with a lot of little fundraisers
- Movie Night: Thanks to your Jackson PTA's recent vote to purchase a movie license, we are hosting our first ever movie night! This will be a drop off event in the MPR on March 1 from 6-8pm. We will be showing The Super Mario Bros. Movie (rated PG). Each student who attends will be provided with a bottle of water and small bag of popcorn to enjoy during the show. They are also welcome to bring a blanket and pillow to get cozy. The cost is $5 per child. There are also 10 parent chaperone spots and for each parent who signs up, they can bring their child along at no cost. Please click here to give permission to your child to see the movie and receive the snack, as well as to pay the fee. Sign up soon because there is room for only 100 students!
- Yearbook Photos: We need your help! Please make an effort to take photos at school events. We have set up a Google Drive album for the yearbook. Click here to drop off your photos in the album and help make our yearbook full of lots of great memories!
- STEM Night: Save the date! STEM Night will be at Jackson School the night of February 23, 2024 from 6-8pm! There will be a raffle, STEM playground from 6-7:15, followed by a live animal presentation from The Natural Naturalist! Please sign up here to help supervise a station for a short period of the evening.
- PTA Sponsored Assembly: The Jackson PTA voted in November to add a spring assembly with Jim "Basketball" Jones! He comes highly recommended by another D205 elementary school and will be speaking to the students about a growth mindset and perseverance, while dazzling them with cool basketball tricks! Thank you to our Jackson PTA for supporting this effort to bring fun and educational opportunities to our Jackson community!
- Next PTA Meeting: Our next meeting is February 15 at 7:00pm in the MPR. Come to hear proposals for spending the non-budgeted income from the Boo Bash and Eat and Earns. If you have an idea for an event that you would like to propose, fill out this new event proposal prior to February 13. If you have any questions, email the board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have an idea for a new PTA event? If you would like to plan a new event that isn't already part of the current plan for the year, please fill out this form for a new event proposal. It will be reviewed by the PTA board and presented at the following PTA meeting for a vote. Questions? Email email@example.com
- Social Media: The best way to stay up to date with the PTA is through social media. Please follow us on Facebook at Jackson PTA and Instagram at jacksonschoolpta.
Latest District News
- Dukes Who Dine: The Dukes who Dine luncheon is back! This is a fundraiser for the York Senior Scholarship Fund and our goal is to raise $5,000 to provide scholarships to five York seniors this year. We are happy to be partnering with Gia Mia Elmhurst on Tuesday, February 20 from 11:30-2:00. The afternoon will consist of a lunch buffet with Gia's favorites, a glass of wine, and of course the silent auction. Tickets are $60 and $30 of that goes back to the scholarship fund. Don't be left with FOMO, buy your tickets now at our MemberHub store. If you can't make the luncheon but would still like to help support the scholarship fund, direct donations are always welcome and appreciated and can also be made on the MemberHub store!
- York Senior Scholarships Minted.com Fundraiser: Help us give scholarships to our York seniors! When you order your holiday cards and gifts from Minted.com, use our promo code FUNDRAISED205. You'll receive 20% off your order and 15% of every purchase made using our code will be donated back to us at the end of the year. With your help, we can reach our goal of $2,500. Spread the word by sharing this on your social media feeds and with friends and family! It's never too soon to get started on those holiday cards! Click here to learn more about the D205 PTA Council.