Dear Jackson Families,
I know many of you have been anxious to get your child’s belongings from school. I am happy to share that we are able to safely get materials to you very soon. In order to keep our staff and families safe, I ask that you read the following communication carefully and follow the guidelines in order to receive your child’s belongings.
Our materials pick-up will be a drive-thru approach. Arrive at your assigned time to the Jackson parking lot and form a line of cars. Pull all the way around to the cones placed by the kindergarten and gym doors (the eastern border of the parking lot along the brick wall.) You will pull forward through the line and when you get near the gym doors, a staff member will help you.
- Wednesday, May 13 from 12:00-1:30pm- Kindergarten
- Wednesday, May 13 from 1:00-2:30pm- 1st grade
- Wednesday, May 13 from 2:00- 3:30pm- 2nd grade
- Friday, May 15 from 11:00am-12:30pm- 3rd grade
- Friday, May 15 from 12:00-1:30pm- 4th grade
- Friday, May 15 from 1:00-2:30pm 5th grade
We will use the following, contactless delivery process:
- Place a sign in your passenger window with your child’s/childrens’ first and last name(s) and teacher name(s)
- Stay in your car and wear a mask or face covering to protect yourself and our staff.
- A staff member will read your sign and bring bags with your child’s belongings to your car
- Pop your trunk and staff will place the materials directly inside. If you have any Jackson Library books to be returned, have them in a bag or box and labeled in your trunk for collection.
- Make sure you meet the health guidelines below if you come for pick-up.
1. Be symptom free, without a fever, cough, or shortness of breath. (Fever is 100.4+)
2. Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or use 70% alcohol hand sanitizer prior to entering the school grounds and upon leaving the school grounds.
3. You should not have been recently exposed to another person with the COVID19, including a family member in isolation.
- Please be patient if there is a line. We will have multiple staff members working as fast as we can. If you have more than one child, please come at the time of your youngest child.
We will do our best to make sure all belongings from your child’s locker and desk will be in the bag marked with their name. If your child has an instrument at school, we will bring that to you too. Please do not make special requests for any additional or special items.
Please do not give us any materials (other than library books.) We trust that you will return them to us at a later time.
Jackson School Principal